I was brought on to lead the Agile transition initiative at Procore. Some of my roles and responsibilities have included:
- Built Scrum transition roadmap and worked with the executive team and dev teams to implement it
- Facilitation, including moderating retrospectives for dev teams and process improvement sessions for management teams
I worked with a couple of the dev teams at the Citrix SaaS division to facilitate meetings, lead process improvements, and identify blockers.
My responsibilities were split between Ruby on Rails development and my Scrum Master role at Invoca.
Scrum Master Role
- Oversaw remote contractor team and process
- Crafted and led remote contractor job interviews
- Facilitated planning and grooming sessions
- Led retrospectives, helped team identify and implement process improvements
- Led daily standups, helped identify and remove impediments for Scrum team
- Worked closely with Product Owner to make tradeoffs
- Improved Jira workflows to streamline development
- Used Jira queries (JQL) and Jira API to build information radiators and improve visibility
- Built, owned, and iteratively refined several processing queues and API integrations
- Helped shape our git workflow and train team in git
- Built new call flow features into our telephony platform
- Used front- and back-end skills to add features to a Ruby on Rails codebase with 1 million+ lines of code
Developer on the runner-up team at Startup Weekend SB. Worked with team to build functioning Rails prototype in a weekend.